The year is 20XX.
Return to the surface of Vapor City and exact revenge.
Unleash complex, flowing combos with punches and kicks. Moving quickly upgrades attacks, dealing more damage and changing the combo game.
Explore the beautiful, flawed world of Vapor City. Make friends and influence people. Figure out Lauren's true motivations, the dark history of Paradise Labs, and what it means to be a Generation 0 candidate.
Just kidding. Vapor Trails is pixel art because I like making pixel art.
Features tailor-made tracks from Gray Heron. Give his stuff a listen, it's good! Especially if you're a boomer and like the Chemical Brothers.
Vapor Trails is currently in development. If you have comments, bug reports, or want to stay in touch, follow me on Twitter.
I have a day job, so I can only do gamedev on nights and weekends.
If you'd like to support development, feel free to toss me a few bucks. Any money donated will be funneled back into Vapor Trails through commissioned music, sounds, and maybe some artwork.
- ←/→ to move
- TAB to show inventory
- Space to jump (tap to shorthop)
- ↓+Jump to drop through platforms
- Z to punch
- X to kick
- A to shoot
- Shift + ←/→ to dash
- ↑ to interact
- Space to advance dialogue
- ↑ + Shift in the air to flip kick
- Shift (hold) to heal when grounded and stationary
- Ctrl (hold) to walk
- Space to buy items in shops
- ↓+Kick: boost slide
- ↓+Punch (aerial): elbow drop
- ↓+Kick (aerial): divekick
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, HTML5|
|Genre||Platformer, Action, Fighting|
|Made with||Unity, Aseprite, Krita|
|Tags||Cyberpunk, Metroidvania, Pixel Art, speedrun-friendly, Story Rich, Unity, vaporwave|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Playstation controller|
|Links||Blog, Twitter, Source code|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Summer Update 3Aug 06, 2020
- Summer Update 2Jul 31, 2020
- Summer Update 1Jul 18, 2020
- Demo Day PatchMay 08, 2020
- Demo Day UPDATE!May 04, 2020
- Animator State Machine AIApr 09, 2020
- Demo Day 27 UpdateJul 05, 2019