Well, that fly skill is OP, i just used it and finished the demo. You can put a limit on it like, 3s and then you fall and it have to recharge
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
the web version is the most recent demo
- Left/Right arrows to move
- Space to jump (hold to jump higher)
- Down to drop through platforms
- Z to attack
- X to shoot
- Shift + Left/Right to dash
- Up to interact
- Space to advance dialogue
- Down + Shift in the air to meteor slam
- Down + Shift on the ground to super dash (or hold Shift during a basic dash)
- Shift (hold) to heal
- Ctrl (hold) to walk
Sound Credits (used with permission)
title screen: until it feels like home by slime girls
lady of the lake: drunk by hong kong express
intro scene: starbolt (reprise) by slime girls
deep town: neo-tokyo sunset (9pm version) by slime girls
rain loop: https://freesound.org/people/D%20W/sounds/136971/
night market: unfinished business by hong kong express
sound effects: things I generated with chiptone
Send me anthrax in the mail here.
download, play n go
I use itch's command line tools to push, so the directory is flat just fyi
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Well, it's supposed to be an endgame ability, assuming I ever create the endgame.
Were you actually able to skip areas/fights with it though?
Controls are pretty bad but the core concept is nice.
I really like the visuals and sound. Hope to see more of this.
what's your gripe with the controls?
also congrats on superdashing off the edge
Pressing shift to do things feels really uncomfortable. Usually it's ZXC not Shift ZX.
The different buttons for interacting and advancing dialogue is more confusing than helpful.
I think the setup you have at the moment would work pretty well on a controller and maybe it's just me, but definately make the keys rebindable.
I went with what I was comfortable with. The dialogue button changes are just so you don't immediately re-open dialogue if you're skipping through it.
Also I think you should be able to rebind controls in the launcher for the downloadable version.
Graphics and sound effects are amazing! I love the art style. As @danmakesgame remarked, I also think different controls would be more comfortable. Suggestions.
- Tap left twice or right twice to dash.
- Tap down twice for meteor slam.
- Z for jump. (twice for double jump)
- X for attack.
- Space for interact. This would be consistent since you already use Space for dialog advance.
- Shift + arrow keys to walk slower (facing same direction), which would also cover the backstep.
I found a bug: after I fall from the ledge where there's a slime enjoying a cigarette, I land on the spikes and get stuck.
- I personally hate double-tapping for movements, especially on a controller, so I scrapped that idea pretty early on
- I didn't want someone to press interact to skip through a bunch of dialogue and then accidentally open it again and have to go through it another time, hence different interact/skip line buttons
- I forgot to write in the description that you can hold ctrl to walk, oops
Thanks for the feedback and bug finding though, I really appreciate it.
also @danmakesgames was replying to a much older version with different, worse controls.
I think you could pick better keyboard controls, and i just skipped the entirety of the tutorial without any problem, maybe consider making the windows auto-pop up instead of requiring an interact. the character itself feels good to me tho, the combat and movement is nice, hoping for a more content-rich version!
Good proof of concept. Would like a hard mode.